What is MFG Day (Manufacturing) Day?
MFG DAY, an annual celebration of modern manufacturing that takes place in October, is meant to inspire the next generation. The 2017 SWI- MA event hosted over 1,100 people, including 550 students. There were 68 exhibitors. The event will feature 75+ exhibitors this year and will also include a job fair that will connect job-seekers and manufacturing companies.
The following will be celebrated by SWI-MA on October 16-17, 2018:
- A PROCLAMATION by the Governor naming October Idaho Manufacturing Month
- VIP RECEPTION AND AWARDS PRINTATION – SWI-MA members, expo attendees, manufacturers, industry supporters and legislators are all invited
- EXPO “MADE HERE!” (10/17), Open to the Public & Free! Exhibitors will be displaying the products they make here in Idaho. There will also be demonstrations of 3-D printers, robotics, drones and other industrial equipment.
- STUDENT EXPO SESSION (11am-2pm) is open to secondary and post-secondary students, educators, and school groups. See the Educator tab.
- GENERAL PUBLIC & JOB FEAIR SESSION (3pm-6pm), for those who are interested in manufacturing or related industries
- The 2018 event will feature:
- 75+ Exhibitors from the Manufacturing and Industry Sector
- More than 1,500 attendees, including students and the general population
Open to all
- Micron STEM Bus Mobile Lab
- College of Southern Idaho Mobile Cheese Manufacturing Lab
- Local manufacturing companies displaying the wide range of locally made products
- Presentations with robots, drones, and other technology
- Why does Manufacturing Day exist?
- Many people think of manufacturing environments as dangerous, dark places that are only for low-skilled workers. MFG DAY is a day for manufacturers to show what modern manufacturing looks like.